Pinner & Grammarians Child Protection Policy
For more information: Caroline Westgate Safeguarding Officer
Please click on the following links for a PDF copy
This policy is to be applied to all young players who are under 18 years old.
- The welfare of all young people is paramount.
- All young people, whatever their age, gender, culture, ability, language, religious beliefs, racial origin, and/or sexual identity should be able to enjoy the game in a fun environment, safe from abuse of any kind.
- It is the responsibility of child protection experts to determine whether abuse has taken place, but it is everyone’s responsibility within rugby union to report concerns.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- Constituent Bodies, clubs, Academies and schools will be provided with appropriate documentation, training and support to ensure that they are able to implement RFU/RFUW policy.
- Individuals working with young people will be made aware of good practice in order to ensure that they are not placed in situations where allegations could be made.
- Working in partnership with parents/carers is essential for the protection of young people.
- RFU/RFUW recognises the statutory responsibilities of Social Services departments and the police to ensure the welfare of young people and is committed to complying with Local Area Child Protection Committee procedures.
The practices and procedures within this policy are based on the principles contained within UK and international legislation and government guidance and have been designed to complement Local Area Child Protection Committee procedures and take all appropriate legislation into consideration.
All relevant members who have regular supervisory contact with young people or a management responsibility for those working with young people will undertake a Criminal Records Bureau disclosure.
Child Protection Policy Statement
The Pinner & Grammarians is committed to ensuring that all young people who play sport have a safe and positive experience. The club is committed to developing and implementing policies and procedures which ensure that everyone knows and accepts their responsibility in relation to a duty of care for young people. Pinner & Grammarians recognises that it is not the responsibility of those individuals working within the club to determine if abuse has taken place, but it is their responsibility to act upon and report any concerns.
If any person within the club has a doubt to this policy’s relevance to their role and duties then please contact the Child Welfare Officer for Pinner & Grammarians, David Hiles, President. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Club and those involved with the club will abide by the following principles and statements:
- All young people within Pinner & Grammarians, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability, have the right to be protected.
- All young people participating in sport have a right to do so in a safe environment.
- Adults working at Pinner & Grammarians will provide a safe, positive and fun sporting experience for young people.
- Adults – volunteers, coaches and officials will understand and be supported in their role and responsibility with regard to the Duty of Care for young people.
- All suspicions and allegations will be taken seriously, managed and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
- It is the responsibility of the child protection experts to determine whether or not abuse has taken place, but it is the responsibility of all those working within Pinner & Grammarians to report any concerns.
- The club will assist coaches, volunteers and officials to remain up-to-date with the latest Child Protection issues.
- The club will appoint a Child Welfare Officer whose role is to be responsible for issues concerning child welfare at the club.
- The club will carry out regular risk assessments to ensure the safety of young people and all members of the club.
Pinner & Grammarians has a full Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy that provides further in-depth information on Child Protection & Safeguarding within the sports club.