Welcome to Pinner Rugby Club, We are a successful, inclusive rugby club, run for and by the people of Pinner, Middlesex and surrounding areas.
We are based at Shaftesbury Playing Fields, Grimsdyke Road, Hatch End, Pinner. HA5 4PW we currently have successful Men’s, Youth and Mini Sections and have a Little Rugby Academy.
We pride ourselves in being a friendly club and welcome players of all abilities and levels, all will be welcomed with a smile.
We’re a really easy going, friendly bunch with one aim this season and that is to enjoy playing rugby and win! In the process there will be plenty of nights out, dinners and social events for the senior squads and their partners!
Throughout the Club you will find common themes:
- We believe rugby is about fun, camaraderie and, of course winning. So we train for fun and play games to win.
- We believe in including everyone who can and wants to contribute to the club in a playing capacity, coaching, volunteer or just a member.
- We are focussed on the community in which we are based and have links with local schools and community projects
- As a Saracens Partner Club we have great links with Premiership Rugby; recent liaisons have included hosting a Rugby Camp, Guard of Honour at Vicarage Road and personal appearances by Saracens players at the clubhouse.
- At juniors and mini levels we are very family orientated and teach rugby in a safe, secure environment.
- Our coaching is first class and our style of play is consistently open attacking rugby that’s good to watch and good to play.
- We are ambitious to improve and have made considerable progress in the last 5 years regarding 1st XV promotion, introduction of a 2nd XV (Pelicans) development of a youth section and increased squads within the mini section. The aim of the club is to be the standard against which other rugby clubs judge themselves.
We run two competitive Men’s teams and an occasional vets team called the ‘Pelicants’. Our first team plays in Herts/Middlesex Division 2 League, having been promoted in 2 of the last 3 seasons. The 2nd (Pelicans) play regular fortnightly fixtures and it is the intention that they participate in the Herts Middlesex Merit League next season.
The Youth Section has currently three squads: U13s, U14s & U15s so feel free to come down and join in
The U14s will be playing in the Middlesex League this season
The Mini Section has been running at Pinner Rugby Club since September 2007 and this season we are looking forward to expanding the number of players and teams we have within the our section and develop the squads
The current U12s are Middlesex County Shield Champions, U11s Egham Tournament Winners, U9s Middlesex County Shield Champions and Bognor Festival Winners
We have a great mini-rugby section with 100 members and rising. We’re currently running U7s, U8s, U9s, U10s, U11s and U12s but children of all age groups are welcome
Whilst the Rugby is focused on the children learning and having fun’ it is critical we have your commitment and that you feel a part of the Club. To this end we are looking at a number of social functions, both for the children as well as the adults and the Social team will no doubt be in touch.
If you have any questions please contact any of the Coaching team or the Committee and we look forward to all of us having an enjoyable season.
The resurgence of north London club Pinner RFC was recognised by the RFU which provided the bulk of the £46,500 funding for an extensive drainage scheme on the London Borough of Harrow-owned Shaftesbury Playing Fields in Hatch End.
So don’t put it off, come down and have a run around!
Training on Thursdays 7:30pm (floodlight)
Training on Thursdays 6-7.30pm UU13s U14s U15s (floodlight)
Training/Fixtures Sundays 10am onwards
Training on Thursdays 6-7.30 pm U12s (floodlight)
Training/Fixtures Sundays 10-12pm
We are within easy reach of London, situated close to Hatch End station (extension of Bakerloo Line) and Pinner station (Metropolitan Line), in NW London/Middlesex.
For more information please contact:
Andy Wright (Chairman) firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Nicholas (Club Captain)email@example.com
Steve George (Youth Chairman) firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Talbot (Mini Chairman) email@example.com
Jo Talbot (Mini Admin) firstname.lastname@example.org
Playing and non-playing members are welcome from Acton, Bushey, Carpenders Park, Ealing, Eastcote, Harrow, Harrow Weald, Hertfordshire, Ickenham, Kenton, Kingsbury, Middlesex, Moor Park, North West London, Northwood, Northwood Hills, Oxhey, Rickmansworth, Ruislip, Stanmore, Uxbridge, Watford, Wealdstone, Wembley and all the surrounding areas.